Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting Real About Kona Coffee

If you like Kona coffee, chances are you've thought about choosing between Kona blend and 100% Kona coffee. Since blend is cheaper, why not save a few bucks and buy a bag? Here's why: That package of Kona blend you bought at the airport or gift store needs only to contain 10% Kona coffee in order to carry the Kona name. That's a far cry from Napa wine in California, for example, which must be 75% Napa.

Brazen Hazen 100% Kona coffee.
Due to lobbying interests and local politics, coffee producers in the state of Hawai‘i are allowed to use the Kona name even though their blend need only consist of 10% Kona coffee. The question is, what's in the other 90% of the bag? Well, the majority of the bag likely contains inferior beans from other countries that by law, must be fumigated with methyl bromide, a pesticide.

When you purchase a bag of 100% Kona coffee, not only are you are supporting the local Kona economy and the small farmer, you are drinking one of the premier coffees of the entire world. If you prefer your Kona coffee blended, you can always blend it yourself with beans that you trust.

At Brazen Hazen, our award-winning coffee is guaranteed 100% premier Kona coffee. We custom roast your order and send it out the same day, ensuring you the finest cup of pure Kona you'll ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment